Using the IMAS portal
The IMAS portal allows supervised banks and third parties to submit information related to supervisory processes, track their status and exchange information with supervisors. If you already have an account you can sign in and acknowledge the terms and conditions.Sign in to the IMAS portal
Launch of the portal
The IMAS portal was launched in early 2021. Depending on the type of supervisory process, both supervised banks (significant or less significant) as well as third parties (non-supervised entities or natural persons) can use it. Below you will find information on the processes available in the portal.
Processes available via the IMAS portal
For significant and less significant banks
- Acquisition of qualifying holdings (also available to third parties) - Joint Guidelines on the prudential assessment of acquisitions and increases of qualifying holdings in the financial sector
- Passporting notifications
- Licensing (also available to third parties) – Guide to assessments of licence applications
- Voluntary withdrawals of authorisation
For significant banks only
- Credit quality review on-site inspections
- Fit and proper assessments – Guide to fit and proper assessments
- Internal models (non-material model changes and extensions) - Instructions for supervised entities filling in NMC notification forms
(Mixed) Financial holding companies (also available to less significant institutions and third parties which will become part of a significant supervised group)
Notification of outsourcing arrangements - Instructions for supervised entities completing an outsourcing notification form
Regime of use
The use of the IMAS portal is mandatory by law or as administrative practice in some countries and voluntary in others, also depending on the process category. For detailed information you can consult the regime of use.
Supervised institutions can create their own users and manage their users’ access to the IMAS portal. They appoint delegated administrators who carry out this task.
For third-party users, the ECB will act as the administrator.
Registering into the IMAS portal
- Significant supervised institution: submit the registration form to the ECB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Less significant institution: submit the registration form to the relevant NCA
- Third party: submit the registration form to the ECB (email@example.com)
Creating your user accounts
Delegated administrators can access the ECB Identity Portal to create new user accounts for their organisation and the IMAS portal to grant them granular permissions. For third parties, user accounts are directly created by the ECB.
For a quick reference on account activation and other essential technical information, you can consult the user manual. Full guidance on the use of the portal is provided inside the platform itself.How to access the IMAS portal for the first time User manual for account activation Explaining the IMAS portal: how do I access different processes Quick Guide to supervisory applications
Adding or removing delegated administrators and users
How to receive support
For business questions, please contact your NCA. You can find contact details in the IMAS portal. Specifically for internal models, please contact your JST.