Banking at a crossroads: resilience and innovation in an era of uncertainty
Wednesday, 6 November 2019
Eurotower, Frankfurt am Main
Luis de Guindos, Vice-President of the ECB
Andrea Enria, Chair of the Supervisory Board of the ECB
Panel: Rules and regulation – what does the future hold?
Presentation: Update on banking regulation
by José Manuel Campa, Chair, European Banking Authority
- José Manuel Campa, Chair, European Banking Authority
- Olivier Guersent, Director General, European Commission
- Yves Mersch, Vice-Chair of the Supervisory Board and Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- José María Roldán, Chairman and CEO of the Spanish Banking Association
- Clare Woodman, Head of EMEA and CEO, Morgan Stanley
Moderator: Andrea Cabrini, Managing Editor, ClassCnbc
Debate: Banks, governance and ethics – how can we strike the right balance?
- Saumya Bhavsar, Managing Director and Global Head of Regulatory Affairs, Credit Suisse
- Kerstin af Jochnick, Incoming ECB representative to the Supervisory Board
Moderator: Patrick Jenkins, Financial Editor, Financial Times
- Buffet lunch
Panel: The architecture of crisis management – how can we make it more efficient?
- Elena Carletti, Professor, Bocconi University
- Andrea Enria, Chair of the Supervisory Board, European Central Bank
- Elke König, Chair of the Single Resolution Board
Moderator: Ferdinando Giugliano, Columnist, Bloomberg Opinion
- Coffee break
Panel: Banking in a digital world – how is modern technology driving change?
- Helena Forest, Head of Branch Optimisation and Expansion, Deutsche Bank
- Pentti Hakkarainen, ECB representative to the Supervisory Board
- Görkem Köseoğlu, Chief Analytics Officer, ING
- Hauke Stars, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Börse
- Joachim Wuermeling, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Bundesbank
Moderator: Annette Weisbach, Reporter, CNBC
This programme may be subject to change without notice.