Banking at a crossroads: resilience and innovation in an era of uncertainty
Wednesday, 6 November 2019
Eurotower, Frankfurt am Main
Luis de Guindos, Vice-President of the ECB
Andrea Enria, Chair of the Supervisory Board of the ECB
Panel: Rules and regulation – what does the future hold?
Presentation: Update on banking regulation
by José Manuel Campa, Chair, European Banking Authority
- José Manuel Campa, Chair, European Banking Authority
- Olivier Guersent, Director General, European Commission
- Yves Mersch, Vice-Chair of the Supervisory Board and Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- José María Roldán, Chairman and CEO of the Spanish Banking Association
- Clare Woodman, Head of EMEA and CEO, Morgan Stanley
Moderator: Andrea Cabrini, Managing Editor, ClassCnbc
Debate: Banks, governance and ethics – how can we strike the right balance?
- Saumya Bhavsar, Managing Director and Global Head of Regulatory Affairs, Credit Suisse
- Kerstin af Jochnick, Incoming ECB representative to the Supervisory Board
Moderator: Patrick Jenkins, Financial Editor, Financial Times
- Buffet lunch
Panel: The architecture of crisis management – how can we make it more efficient?
- Elena Carletti, Professor, Bocconi University
- Andrea Enria, Chair of the Supervisory Board, European Central Bank
- Elke König, Chair of the Single Resolution Board
Moderator: Ferdinando Giugliano, Columnist, Bloomberg Opinion
- Coffee break
Panel: Banking in a digital world – how is modern technology driving change?
- Helena Forest, Head of Branch Optimisation and Expansion, Deutsche Bank
- Pentti Hakkarainen, ECB representative to the Supervisory Board
- Görkem Köseoğlu, Chief Analytics Officer, ING
- Hauke Stars, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Börse
- Joachim Wuermeling, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Bundesbank
Moderator: Annette Weisbach, Reporter, CNBC
This programme may be subject to change without notice.
European Central Bank
60311 Frankfurt am Main
Participants are requested to arrange their own transfers, unless indicated otherwise.