ECB Scholarship for Ukrainian graduates
Apply by 8 September 2023!
Please note that the initial closing date for applications has been extended to allow for the selection process timeline of Ukrainian universities.
Are you a Ukrainian national currently enrolled, or about to enrol, in a master’s degree in computing, economics, engineering, law or statistics at a university or institution in Ukraine? If so, we encourage you to apply for the ECB Scholarship for Ukrainian graduates!
We are offering grants of €10,000 each to 15 Ukrainian graduates pursuing postgraduate studies in the fields described above or other subjects relevant to the ECB’s mandate and activities (e.g., mathematics, finance, political science).
Why are we offering this scholarship?
Last year, the ECB offered traineeships to 15 Ukrainian graduates, giving them the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision activities, as well as in other areas.
This year, in continued solidarity with Ukraine, we want to support talented Ukrainian graduates pursuing studies relevant to the ECB in their home country.
- You are a Ukrainian national
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, in a master’s degree in computing, economics, engineering, law, statistics or other relevant fields (e.g., mathematics, finance, political science) at a university or higher education institution in Ukraine
- You obtained an average grade of 80% or higher (cum laude or equivalent) in your undergraduate studies
We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
What can we offer you?
- You’d get a grant of €10,000 to help finance your studies and other related costs
- You’d have the opportunity to network with fellow scholars in similar fields of study
How it works
Complete the application form.
After completing the form, please send an email to email@example.com, attaching the following documents:
- The application form (as an Excel file)
- Your CV and all the supporting documents specified in the “Supporting documents” section below (as a single PDF file)
In your application, you will be asked to explain the motivation behind your studies and why you’re applying for the scholarship, as well as describe your career aspirations.
Please note that you must complete the application form in English.
The deadline for applications is 8 September 2023.
You will also need to submit the following documents:
- Proof of acceptance, or preliminary acceptance, onto a master’s course in one of the relevant fields of study for the 2023-24 academic year
- Official transcripts of your undergraduate qualifications and, if applicable, evidence of your highest level of completed studies
If possible, please submit the supporting documents in English. If an English version is not available, you may submit the supporting documents in their original language.
Timing and selection process
- The call for applications for the 2023 scholarships for Ukrainian graduates is open from 4 July to 8 September 2023.
- We plan to start online interviews in September 2023. Please note that these will be conducted in English.
Wondering about your eligibility? Any questions on whether your master’s programme qualifies? Get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!