How to apply
In order to be considered for a position at the European Central Bank and be able to apply for our vacancies, you will need to create a candidate profile by registering via our online recruitment portal.
When you apply:
- create only one candidate profile in our online recruitment portal. The profile can be used to apply for any current and future vacancy at the ECB;
- multiple applications received for the same position via different profiles will lead to the exclusion of your application from the campaign and a deletion of all your profiles;
- make sure you provide all the relevant information in the online application form - any attached curriculum vitae will not be taken into consideration (unless otherwise stipulated in the vacancy notice);
- submit your application in English;
- check that your application does not contain any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors;
- express your motivation clearly;
- submit your application well in advance of the closing date.
When completing your application form, please provide sufficient information to enable us to evaluate your eligibility and suitability for the specific position.
We always ask why you are applying for the position. The selection committee will use your answer to gain an initial understanding of what motivates you and whether the job can offer what you are looking for.
Do not repeat information that is best provided in other sections, such as education and work experience.
After the closing date for submitting applications, a selection committee consisting of staff from the recruiting business area, human resources and other business areas will draw up a shortlist of candidates.
The selection committee will begin by eliminating any applicants who do not meet all the minimum requirements.
If necessary, the selection committee may then consider additional criteria in order to further reduce the number of candidates on the shortlist.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. Please refer to the "How we hire" page for the details.