- PRESS RELEASE
ECB seeks candidates for Chair of Supervisory Board
17 May 2023
- ECB seeks next head of banking supervision, to start 1 January 2024
- Candidates to apply by 23 June 2023
- Final appointment by EU Council in Q4 2023 after European Parliament approval
The European Central Bank (ECB) today published the vacancy notice for the five-year non-renewable position of Chair of the Supervisory Board, to start 1 January 2024. The term of the current Chair of the Supervisory Board, Andrea Enria, expires at the end of 2023.
The Supervisory Board of the ECB consists of the Chair, the Vice-Chair, four ECB representatives and representatives of the national supervisors participating in European banking supervision, formally known as the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
The ECB invites candidates to apply by 23 June 2023. The ECB’s Governing Council will set up a pre-selection panel to prepare a shortlist of the most suitable applicants. Following consultation with the Supervisory Board, the Governing Council will nominate a candidate in the autumn, to be approved by the European Parliament and confirmed by the Council of the European Union during the fourth quarter of 2023.
For media queries, please contact François Peyratout, tel.: +49 172 8632 119.
- The first Chair of the Supervisory Board of the ECB was Danièle Nouy (1 January 2014 to 31 December 2018), followed by Andrea Enria (1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023).
European Central Bank
Directorate General Communications
- Sonnemannstrasse 20
- 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- +49 69 1344 7455
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.Media contacts