ECB Scholarship for Women
We are offering grants of €10,000 each to 15 women pursuing postgraduate studies in the fields of economics, statistics, engineering and computing.
Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enrol, on a master’s degree in one of the above-mentioned fields of study at a university or business school in Europe? If so, our ECB Scholarship for Women could be for you!
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. If your application is successful, you will also have the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work and to learn about the career opportunities we offer.
Why do we offer this scholarship?
We want to change the lives of the women selected for this scholarship. Our goal is to support their education and boost their careers, both in general and in the areas of central banking and banking supervision.
The scholarship is specifically designed to help EU women from low-income backgrounds to pursue postgraduate studies in the fields economics, statistics, engineering and computing.
- You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, on a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering or computing at a European university or business school (please see the list of examples of relevant fields of study).
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (i.e. for your bachelor’s degree) (please refer to this overview of corresponding grades for a range of countries).
What’s in it for you?
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB's Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or an expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering or computing
How it works
From 2 May to 21 May 2023, you will be able to apply via the registration form which will be made available on this page.
To apply you will need to:
- explain the motivation behind your studies and detail your career aspirations;
- outline your current funding situation.
You will also need to submit the following documentation.
- Proof of acceptance, or preliminary acceptance, onto a master’s course in one of the relevant fields of study for the 2023-24 academic year
- Official transcripts of your undergraduate qualifications, your academic record and, if applicable, evidence of your highest level of completed studies
- Proof of household income/financial need
Timing and selection process
Applications for the 2023-24 academic year will be open from 2 May to 21 May 2023.
- We plan to hold online interviews in June 2023 and to inform the successful candidates by July 2023.
The ECB is an inclusive employer that strives to represent the diversity of the population it serves. We aim to reflect the same inclusivity with this scholarship and to represent the diversity of women in the EU. We encourage women to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
Not sure whether you are eligible? Don’t know if your master’s programme qualifies? Get in touch by writing to ECBWomenScholarship@ecb.europa.eu
Please check the terms and conditions of the scholarship and the relevant Privacy Statement.
We look forward to receiving your application in May.